Today kicked off the semiannual Juice Plus+ (JP) Live National Conference in Phoenix. This is the second time I’ve attended this event and, like the first, hasn’t disappointed.
Whole food nutrition has been a part of my life from birth, thanks to my naturalist parents. But it’s now become a part of my family’s day-to-day life in a much more intentional manner.
Almost two years ago, I was introduced to JP by a dear friend of mine who invited me to a nutrition lecture from a Florida-based Pediatrician. The lecture rocked my world. We ordered these powerful plant-based capsules and chewables immediately and have never looked back. For more about this 25-year product, click here. In the mean time, here my top five takeaways from day one.
- Capsule Product Update – This debt free, multi-billion dollar company has developed only six products in 25 years. Talk about quality over quantity. Here are a few updates coming to their products …
- Out with papaya, in with mango. Non-Genetically Modified (GMO) papaya is scarce around the world, and JP wants to maintain its Non GMO status. So, there’re swapping out the fruits. Plus, mango has similar properties as papaya but even more vitamins A and C, protein, potassium, fiber and B6!
- Bye bye oat, hello more rice bran. Despite using a Gluten Free (GF) oat, some countries around the world deem anything with oat in it as a gluten product. So, for consistency, JP is removing the oat and increasing the rice brand to maintain the GF status.
- Additive folic acid is going away and being replaced with lemon peel. Lemon peel is naturally high in folate – so it’s a plant WIN!
- Research galore! JP is up to 38 published research studies with more on the way! Check out this unbelievable video on study #36 showing how taking just one capsule of the fruit, vegetable and berry capsules are helping produce other phytonutriants that aren’t even in the capsules!
- How do you Omega? Fish Oil is a billion dollar industry with little to no positive results, according to this Washing Post article. We still need omegas – but we need them from original omega sources, which are not fish. It’s algea, and plant oils. God news, JP has the only plant-based omega on the market. BOOM!
- Black thumb, green thumb or anything in between, you’ll want to hear this one. Within the next 25 years, at our current growth rate, the U.S. will not have enough land to grow food for it’s population. Not so fun of a fact, I know. But, we can become our own farmer, save money and increase the quality of our food all while skipping the soil, weeds, backyard space and gardening hassle with a vertical aeroponic system like the JP Tower Garden.
- JP always gives back. Representatives and the JP+ Corporate Office collectively contribute $15 million annually to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, the Children’s Hunger Fund, Volunteers of America and Boys and Girls Club. Know that this is a company of great integrity.
BONUS TAKEAWAY … because this is just too good not to share. Later this fall, what’s currently in conception stage will become formal. JP+ is developing a Global Science Institute which will be a separate noncommercial entity designed to gather scientists around the world to further understand and share knowledge of whole food nutrition.
Ok, that’s it for now. Off to Day Two of learning!